The division ensures 12 miles of water lines and 12 miles of sewer lines are maintained in good working order.
The Water and Sewer Maintenance Division also:
- Responds to emergencies at any time of day or night, regardless of weather, to ensure the health and safety of residents
- Maintains fire hydrants in good working order
- Read water meters for billing purposes
- Shuts water off for repairs, emergencies, and non-payments
- Install water and sewer taps
- Takes samples of water for compliance issues with the State on monthly basis
- Responds to emergency excavations and residential excavation requests
- Routinely flushes with high pressure water to remove sediment, grease, and other debris that might obstruct the pipe and possibly cause a backup into homes
- Install new sewer mains and replaces old mains as needed.